Bhimashankar Temple is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed (alias Rajguru Nagar), near Pune, in India. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar (in Pune) in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. Bhimashankar is also the source of the river Bhima, which flows southeast and merges with the Krishna river near Raichur. The other Jyotirlinga shrines in Maharashtra are Trimbakeshwara near Nashik and Grishneshwar near Aurangabad .
Bhorgiri is one of the most scenic forts in Maharashtra. It is located near Bhimanshankar and is one of the less popular forts. Bhorgiri Trek is ideal for trekkers who want an easy level trek and also want to be away from the crowd.
Don't be mistaken by the size of the fort. It is still a visually rewarding trek. Enroute, one can see the majestic valleys of Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of a few dams and the views from the top are just spectacular.
Trek Schedule :-
The journey starts with the 2 X 2 Bus From Dombivli on 27th Jan 2018 by 6:00. Participants registered should reach to Dombivli starting point by 5:45 a.m. @ Bajiprabhu Chowk
Dombivli : Start by 6:00 am
Reach to Bhorgiri
Evening food by 8 p.m.
7:00 Climb to Guta Bhimashankar
Visit Bhimashankar Temple
Visit Bombay point
3:00 PM Start to Mumbai
9:00 PM Reach Dombivli
The charges for this trek are Rs 3500/- per head, which includes Transport, Lunch & Breakfast for 2 days.
Here is a list of all the things that every participant need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking
2. Water bottles (3 Ltrs) – Morning breakfast for the Day (a must)
3. Afternoon lunch
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits
6. Personal medicines
7. Good trekking shoes, raincoats/jackets (no umbrellas), cap 8. Small Tourch
9. Sleeping bag OR Matt OR Sleeping arrangement [light weight]
Last date for registration is 15th Jan 2018
For Enquiry/Booking contact:
Rajan Joshi - 9371092972
Prasanna Achalkar - 9833288338
Kedar Joshi - 9820860306